Friday, July 11, 2008

Settling in at home

Mommy and Daddy sure have been busy since I came around.  Mommy is mostly in charge if feeding me( I am getting so much better at taking milk from her boobies!) and Daddy is in charge of diapering.  I think Mommy has it much better than him!

Yesterday, we went for a short walk around the neighborhood....I like my new stroller and car seat.  I can sleep in it for hours!  Today we went to the park and watched Daddy kick the soccer ball around.  I hung out in the sunshine which the doctor says is good for my jaundice, which I have a little bit of.  Mommy is still having a hard time recovering from her episiotomy so we take it easy and try not to walk for too long and always have a nice camping chair for her to sit in.  

Mommy's breast milk came in yesterday afternoon.  Boy, was she uncomfortable!  I felt bad but not really because hey, let's face it, I need that stuff!  It sure was tasty.  Once I figured out how to get it out, I have been ravenous ever since!  Mommy still gives me some formula for the jaundice though to make sure that I am getting enough fluids to get rid of it.  

Mommy said when I was inside of her that Daddy was nervous about being a father and taking care of me.  I think he is doing a wonderful job, much better than he expected I'd say.  He makes sure I have everything that I need and even tells Mommy a thing or to about parenting!!  He loves telling Mommy what to do based on what he read in all of those baby manuals.  I love Daddy....I can stare at him for a really long time because he is so ruggedly handsome.  I am definitely Daddy's little girl.  

1 comment:

Alan Mak said...

i agree, andre is ruggedly handsome ;-) but uncle alan is just pure sexy.